Monday, June 8, 2009

Trader Joe's excursion

Maggie, Mary, Grandpa Andy and I make a pilgrimage to that wonderland that is Trader Joe's. It's my first time and I am overwhelmed by possibilities. I had planned to get one bag of stuff, but end up with two, as well as some two buck Chuck. I would have gotten more, but my side-by-side's freezer is teeny. Already, stuff falls out when I open the door.

Dinner tonight is Taco Bake, a la Cook's Country magazine:

1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1 16-ounce can refried beans
3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1.5 pounds ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
12 taco shells

Heat over to 475. In a 13x9 baking dish, combine Ro-Tel tomatoes and beans, and top with 1 cup of cheese.

Cook beef in skillet, drain fat, then add taco seasoning and next can of tomatoes. Heat through till thickened and nearly dry, about 5 minutes.

Arrange tacos upright in baking dish. Spoon beef into tacos, top with cheese and bake about 10 minutes.

Top with sour cream. Serves 4 to 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment