Monday, June 1, 2009

Fried Cook, first post

This blog is dedicated to me and all those like me: A 40-something wife and mother who has cooked every home meal for the last 18 years of marriage. This is where I am supposed to say that I l o v e to be home, cooking meals all day, baking bread and bars and cookies and providing sustenance and nourishment for my family. But truly, I am in dire need of inspiration, and am always looking for it. Though I've taken dozens of cooking classes, subscribe to cooking magazines and have a hefty collection of cookbooks, I can't seem to think of anything else to make. I am burnt out. I am the fried cook.

My search for inspiration is further spurred on by the fact that I can't have the same thing for dinner twice in a row. Small Fry (my daughter) can - especially if dinner were a PB&J every night. My husband could survive on pot roast alone. But I need variety, I guess.

Since I am doing so doggone much cooking, any recipes or ideas posted here have to be A.) Easy to make or B.) Worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment