Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Obama blend


I have been hanging out for one hour per morning at J & S Coffee in St. Paul. My daughter is taking a sewing class from the lovely and fabulous Sister Louise. Although good coffee with half and half is a morning ritual I've had for decades, I've never actually hung out - all by myself - at a coffee shop before. I see lots of regulars who seem to have made J & S a morning habit for years. They all know each other. I'm the interloper in the corner with her nose in a book. I've read Year and Wonders and am now starting on People of the Book. Both good.

I noticed a sign in the window of J & S that says, "First Americans For Obama." And on the listing of coffee bean flavors, an Obama blend. I got the beans, and was surprised by the price of $20.08, and didn't even make the connection right away. I had high hopes that went along with the high price, though.

It's good, but I have to say, my Full City Roast Sumatra from Dunn Bros. is better. The Obama blend is a little on the Italian roast side, I think, and not as smooth as Obama himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment